Translate

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Goals

It would be so easy to cite platitudes about new goals for the new year.  Actually, earlier New Year's Day I wrote about having none and relying on "now and next" to guide me forward.

What I remember now is that prior to launch of the new blog, I wrote about my favorite creative products and process: Wings to Fly and Hello, Come Fly With Me!  I haven't posted it yet.  What I understand in a new way today is that my focus was transformation.  Change alone, just stark, can be very harsh.   So, I studied the transformation of butterflies.   Oh yes, I used all the creative process steps and thought throughout the entire process.   But today, standing on the brink of 2013, I am aware that change alone can't offer the peace that the attitude of transformation provides.  Maybe the concepts mean the same thing for some, but I think the word transformation releases the word "same" from our minds and lips.  Something new is born.

I was given an article once about cocoon changes.   The article prepared the reader for the mushy ambiguous stages of this evolvement.   There are some things on the 2013 horizon that excite me deeply.  I also anticipate moments...maybe like now...where I will experience amorphous mush.

Now and next is perhaps the best way to start 2013 with focus.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment