Translate

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Going, Going, Gone!!



Everyone knew it would happen.   February is a breath away from gone.   New opportunities come with each new season...really, with each new day.  They will soon come marching in.  

So, I'm headed to the mountains to gather with my family to ski as one last hurrah for winter.   Family playtime is a gift that goes on forever, at least in families where the recognition of joy and priority are made.   I am so glad we did.   I think my sons held me accountable when they were young if I became too task focused on the business of living.  

Play is a way that young children rehearse the skills for life.  Play is a way that people can focus outside their life issues and just enjoy the moment.  Play brings laughter and that in itself promotes joy and health.  

Play happens in community and that speaks to a definition of family that expands caring about others.   I'm glad that there is a little girl with red hair in one of our family pictures taken at the Michael and Laura wedding last fall.  She is the niece of the new bride.  But my affection for the photo is related beyond new kin to a statement that our family will be open enough so others can join.  This diversity and inclusion will be honored on our ski weekend.  

Love really doesn't know bounds.  Fortunately, it is not like February 2013, which has come and gone.




No comments:

Post a Comment